Friday, February 2, 2024

Museum Explorer- Lasting Memories

Hello and welcome to February! I have a new layout to share today! I started with this PageMaps sketch that was part of one of the challenges at Lasting Memories:

I needed to make a two page layout for these photos, so I used the sketch for my left hand page. I also added a sketch to work with the number of photos I had. The scrappy twist to this challenge was to use tags. I got out some blank manila tags and went to work. I wanted the colors to match the muted colors of my wood patterned paper, so I covered the tags in white gesso. This prevents the inks from absorbing into the paper and leaves the colors muted. I then sprayed and splattered the tags with yellow and blue and green inks. Once they were dry, I used some Distress Stains to add a little more depth and texture to the colors. Then I stamped with black archival ink to add further texture. After that was all dry, I went to work assembling the page. The patterned paper, tags and photos took up most of the page so there wasn't much to do after that. I used some stickers and my Cricut for the title. I found some coordinating embroidery floss to add to the tags, and finished off the embellishing with some canvas flair, stickers, puffy stickers, and enamel arrows.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great job using the sketch as a springboard for a double page layout, and I love the fun photos and the cool title font! Thanks for playing along with the January sketches at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete