Monday, February 12, 2024

Church Card Ministry

When we started attending mass at a different church a couple of years ago, I found out our new church had a card ministry and I got involved. So far, I have been given the task of signing and putting address labels on the envelopes. However, recently they asked me to make cards for the 5 RCIA candidates (these are adults who will be coming into full communion with the Catholic church at Easter whether through Communion, Reconcilliation and Confirmation or all of those as well as Baptism). 

I made these three cards for the women who are joining the church. I started by using watercolor paper and watered down Distress Inks to create the backgrounds. I pressed the inkpads onto a plastic surface, misted it with water and then pressed the paper into the ink. I dried each color before moving onto the next so they wouldn't mix too much. The cross is a free cut file from Paper Issues. I cut it three times from silver paper and once each from pink, yellow, and blue. I glued the silver cut to my card front and then glued in the individual pieces of the other colors. It took longer than I expected, but was so worth it! I love how these turned out. I finished off the card front with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment.


I also made two cards like this for the male candidates. I started with off white pearlized cardstock and stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder the script background. I then took some blue Distress Inks and blended them onto the edges of the panel. I used my Cricut to cut the cross and background and attached them to the card front. I completed the card front with a strip of vellum that I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment onto. I decided I wanted a gold border around the front of my card, so I rubbed a Versamark inkpad around the edges of my card and then used gold embossing powder. 

 Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment