Friday, January 19, 2024

Layout Catch Up

Hi all! I have several layouts today! I have been busy creating and they were all created for challenges on Facebook, so I haven't taken the time to post them here.

First up are a couple of dance layouts that I used sketches as the starting point. Paper Issues is doing a sketch a day this month, so they have lots to pick from right now. Here is the first one
I started by using a circle mask to make a "mat" for my photos. I then glued down my photos. I used my Cricut for the balloon swags and the title. I then embellished with rub ons, flair, puffy stickers, and washi tape. I had used an October Afternoon journaling spot for my journaling, but I didn't like the off white on my mostly white layout, so I ended up pulling that off, stamping a new one on white cardstock and using that instead. 


My next layout also uses a sketch from Paper Issues
For this layout, I dug through my stash and found blue papers that matched the costumes in the photos. I cut them all 7" wide and then tore an edge. I adhered them down and then used my sewing machine and stitched down either edge. I then added my photos. I used my Cricut for the title. I found a Project Life journaling card for the info. I used a bit of washi tape to take up some of the extra space on the card. To embellish the page, I used some die cuts and stickers.

Next up, I used the single page sketch from Stick It Down:

For this layout, I started with a sheet of patterned paper. Since it is so busy, I found a coordinating piece of cardstock and trimmed it down the fit in the middle of the page. I went around the edge of the cardstock with a Twisted Citron Distress Stain to darken the edges a bit. I then stuck down the photos. I used my Cricut for the title and red birds. I fussy cut the journaling spot and added my journaling. To embellish the page, I started by stamping some feathers in the background of my embellishment clusters. I then used stickers and die cuts to fill out the clusters.

My last layout is based on a sketch from Sketches In Thyme:



I founds some fun papers that coordinated with my son's shirt in the photo. I debated putting it on colored cardstock or the woodgrain patterned paper. I really like the texture of the wood, so I went with that. Then I found some stamps to add to the background like in the sketch. I used a ticket stamp along with the coordinating punch for my journaling. I used a spray ink to add some splatters before adding my photo and title. I stitched aorund the outside of my layout to create a frame. To embellish the layout, I fussy cut a star, and used some stickers and puffy stickers.


 Thanks for stopping by to check out my layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment