Friday, January 5, 2024

Dan Patch Days (Take 3)

Hello, I got another layout done this week! It is my third child's layout about our city festival 9 years ago. I started with this sketch with is part of the current challenge at Lasting Memories:

I adjusted the photo sizes a bit to work with the photos I had, but I stuck pretty close to the layout. My background paper is one with a resist, so I used a Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink pad and drug it over the outside edge of the paper to give it the color. I then found some other bold colored papers to go with my photos. The other part of the Lasting Memories challenge is to use punches, so I pulled out my larger banner punch to create the banner for my title and my tag punch for the green polka dot tag in the top left. I used my Cricut to cut my title and the photo frame. This was a total stash busting layout since I dug around all my odds and ends to find pieces that coordinated. I used some very old chipboard pieces for my journaling spot and embellishment. I found some old stickers, a brad and a gromlet to found out the embellishments. I added some blue splatters around the page to finish it off. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Great use of some stash items, and I love the little train banner! Thanks for playing along with our first challenge of the year at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright cheery layout! The little guy looks very happy in the train! Your layout puts a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete