Monday, April 15, 2024

First Communion Cards

Hello again! Today I have three First Communion cards to share. I started by cutting the three chalices and hosts using my Cricut and red, kraft, gold, rose gold, copper and cream cardstocks. Once those were cut and assembled, I went to work creating the backgrounds. 

For my first card, I found the blue and green paper and thought it would look nice. I then found the green vellum. I ran that through an embossing folder. I matted the whole thing on blue cardstock. For the sentiment, I again used my Cricut and cut "Blessings" from coordinating green cardstock.


For my next card, I used a leaf mask and some green inks to ink a background. Once that was done, I found a coordinating patterned paper to mat the ink blended piece. I cut the sentiment from a coordinating yellow patterned paper.
 For my last card, I found a pretty pink background patterned paper and a pattened vellum for an extra layer. I scored the vellum so it would wrap around the patterned paper and adhered it to the back. I used the same color of cardstock for the sentiment on this card as I used for the wine layer.
 

One final note, for the host, I cut a 1" circle and used my scoring board to create the cross in the middle. I put the circle in the corner and scored at the 1/2" line and then turned it a quarter turn to make the other line.

No comments:

Post a Comment