Sunday, June 25, 2023

Three Occasions, Same Card Design

Hello! I have several posts coming to you the next few days as I catch up on sharing the cards I've been making. First up are 3 cards I made back in May when I made a whole bunch of cards. For these, I stamped and heat embossed a flower image on watercolor paper and then pressed it into watered down Distress Inks. I was somewhat strategic in the placement of the colors on these cards- blue near the top, yellow through the middle on the flowers, and green on the bottom on and around the leaves. I then cut each image in half and added it to a card with a strip of coordinating green cardstock. I added a piece of satin ribbon over the seam. To give it the free form ruffled look, I ran a line of tape runner adhesive down the seam and then ran a line of glue over that. I bunched and pressed the ribbon onto the adhesive. The tape runner held the ribbon in place immediately and the glue held it more permanently. I then added the sentiments when I decided what the cards would be for.

First up is a birthday card. This sentiment fit perfectly on the cardstock strip, so I stamped it there in green ink to give a subtle tone on tone effect.


Next is a sympathy card. For this one and the next one I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on the flower panel.
 The final card is an anniversary card and I used the same technique for the sentiment.

 I have one left of these, I will share it when I use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment