Tuesday, June 6, 2023

A Few Cards...

Hello again! Today I am sharing three different cards I made over the last few weeks for a birthday, a baptism, and an anniversary.

First up is a card I made for my son's 5th birthday. He is a big Mickey Mouse fan, so I found a free cut file online and uploaded it to Design Space. This particular file had the black layer as an outline. For files that have thin areas like this one, using vinyl is a great solution. The vinyl holds up better than paper when it is cut thinly. The rest of the pieces fit into the outline like a puzzle. For the background, I took a piece of blue cardstock and used a mask and a slightly darker shade of blue ink to ink blend the stars. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and finished off the card with some gold foil stars. 


Next up is a baptism card for our niece. I started with a sheet of Whitewash Core dinations cardstock. I ran it through my embossing machine with a folder and then sanded the raised areas to reveal the colored core. I used a cut file for the candle and flower border. I layered teh flower border over a strip of vellum and added gems to the center of each flower to add some sparkle.

Finally, I have an anniversary card. I tried another technique with this embossing folder. I embossed the cardstock and then misted it with water. I used a paint brush to spread Perfect Pearl powder over the flowers while the paper was wet, rewetting when necessary. Perfect Pearls has a bonding agent in it, so it will stay put once dry. I added yellow Stickles gel on the flower centers. I finished off the card front with a stamped and heat embossed sentiment.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment