Monday, January 10, 2022

Recent Layouts- Paper Issues Sketches

Hello, I'm back today to share some layouts I've created in the last week or so. Paper Issues is posting a new sketch in their Facebook group every day this month and I have found them super inspiring so far! You can find them here. 

First up is this sketch:


When I saw this sketch I immediately thought I could replace the trees with scissors to go with these photos. I cut the scissors with my Cricut and rubbed silver Gelato over them to make the silver and shiny. I brushed some gesso over the background to give my photos a place to rest. I pulled the strips of patterned paper from my scraps and attached them to the patterned paper background. I found another orange paper and used it to mat my photos. I wanted my title to stand out, so I cut it from blue cardstock. I then found some matching spray ink and added splatters and arrow brads to accent the areas of my son's hair that was cut. To embellish the page, I used some epoxy flair, a puffy sticker (that had the perfect sentiment), a journaling spot, washi tape and some cork stars.

I had to use this sketch since it had so many spots for photos! 

I ended up reducing the number of photos- which I rarely do- to make it work with the photos I had. These photos were printed at 3x4s, but I was able to trim them to squares to make them work with the sketch. This was a good sketch to pull out scraps, so that's what I did. I cut the title, little super hero, and "Oh Boy" sentiment using my Cricut. I found some appropriate sentiments on stickers and cut apart pieces. I finished the layout off with some puffy stickers.



This was another sketch that had several photos spots so I had to use it! I started by scribbling pink and light green Gelatos on a piece of plastic (separately), spraying them with water and then mixing the color with the water to make a watercolor before smooshing it onto the background cardstock. Once that was dry, I attached the pink patterned paper. The photos were attached to a white snowflake patterned paper. One photo was a square, so I used the extra space for a punched border and journaling. I fussy cut the candy from patterned paper. I cut "Sweet" using my Cricut and created the word "house" with Thickers. Enamel dots completed the layout.



This sketch had space for just one photo, so of course, I made the space bigger and added more! The turquoise in this collection went so well with my daughter's jacket in these photos, I used it to mat my photos. I am really loving the beauty of this collection and I have enjoyed making it work with my style! I was able to mix in some stickers, brads, and chipboard from another collection to embellish the layout. The title is a combination of a sticker and word cut using my Cricut.



 Thanks for checking out my layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment