Thursday, January 27, 2022

February Calendar Page- Stick It Down

Hi all! I'm here today with my calendar page for February. I started with the double page sketch on Stick It Down this month:



I split a couple of the photo spots to fit more photo, but otherwise I stuck pretty close to the sketch. The photos on the left were swapped when I was gluing stuff down and I just left them. For the top and bottom strips, I used metallic watercolors and painted a sheet of floral paper from my "Just Add Water" stack. I love how watercoloring on these resist backgrounds is so forgiving! I did handwritten journaling. For my flower swag across the right page, I found a couple of flower cuts in Design Studio and cut them with my Cricut. I added a couple of other flowers there and around my page as embellishments. For the centers of my flowers, I used some gold Liquid Pearls and sequins. A couple of other stickers on my photos finished the layout off.

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout. I love your flower embellishments scattered throughout and your watercolor background is just gorgeous! Such sweet photos you've showcased. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with our double page sketch this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job Jessica! Love it! And wow watercolor paper?! I need to try some of that! Thanks for joining at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the double page sketch! I’m seriously in love with this layout! Perfect paper choices and embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is spectacular! I just adore your photos and papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that hand painted watercolour background is amazing! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete