Friday, January 28, 2022

Cards With Embossing

Hello! I have a couple of new cards to share today! I am entering these in the Use Your Stuff Embossing challenge. 

First up is a sympathy card. I made the background using alcohol inks and glossy cardstock. I used lots of blending solution to soften the colors. Once it was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the candle and sentiment. At that point, I decided the background needed a little more interest, so I splattered some blending solution. I also used some white pearlized ink to color the candle. I finished off the card front with some Liquid Pearl dots around the flowers.

Next is a Baptism card for my niece. I was looking through photos of past cards I've made and saw one where I had used a stencil to make dots on the backgrround and then used an embossing folder to make different sized dots that I sanded to make the core of the paper show through. I decided to try that technique again. I started with a script background stamp that I stamped in blue. I then used a swirl embossing folder. Once that was done, I sanded the swirls to make the pink show. I used my Cricut to cut the cross from rose gold cardstock and vellum. I love the dimension the vellum gives! I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and wrapped the ends of the vellum around my card front.


 Thanks for stopping by to check out my cards!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards. I really enjoy the ink work of the first one. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete