Sunday, January 9, 2022

Recent Cards

Hi all! I have been busy creating, but haven't posted much. I will share some of my creations over the next couple of days. First up are the cards I've made recently.

First is a birthday card based off the current card sketch from Stick it Down:



I stuck pretty close to the sketch, but I flipped it horizontally, mostly because that's how the scrap of polka dot paper worked best. All of the patterned papers on this layout are from my scrap bin. I cut the sentiment using my Cricut. To finish off the card, I used some silver Nuvo drops to frame my sentiment.

Next up are these butterfly cards. I cut the white panels from watercolor paper. I then took an ombre inkpad and pressed it on a stamping block. I misted the ink with water and then pressed the block onto the paper. You can see what a difference more or less water makes- the one on the left used less water and is more splotchy. I then stamped and heat embossed the butterflies. I cut them out and attached them to the cards. I used the same silver embossing powder for the sentiment. I finised off the cards with pink Nuvo drop trails behind the butterflies.

Last up is a card I made for my son. I used a mask and blending brush to create the background. I cut the soccer player using my Cricut. To add a festive touch and a sentiment, I used a banner stamp set and stamped and fussy cut the banners.

 Thanks for stopping by to check out what I've been up to!

5 comments:

  1. Your Happy Birthday card is wonderful. I love your paper choices, and the little "silver" dots are lovely embellishments to set off your sentiment. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of pattern papers on the card, really makes the Sentiment pop! hanks for sharing it with us at Stick It Down!
    Monica- Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the Card sketch Jessica! Perfect paper choices and embellishments(silver dots)! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card.....love your paper choices! Thanks for playing along with our card sketch this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. I love how you just used scraps. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card dt.

    ReplyDelete