Friday, June 5, 2020

Sweet Beginnings

Hi all! My kids finished up school yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to get to my crafting desk a little more easily now! I have a layout to share that I created over the last few days. I was ispired by a few challenges. First up was the "Mood Board" Challenge at Paper Issues:

No photo description available.

I loved the blues and ombre in this inspiration image, so I worked with those on my layout. The other challenge I did was the Bingo Challenge at Lasting Memories
I used the center column: chipboard (the hearts), circle, free space, 5 or more patterned papers (the 5th was used for the word "beginnings'), and die cuts. I started my layout by backing my photos with blocks of patterned paper. I had the big open space down the left side, so I decided to add some inking for interest. First I put down a layer of gesso to try to prevent my cardstock from warping and to soften the colors. I then took my blue distress inks and brushed them on with a wet paintbrush. I ended up going further than where the gesso was, but I like the added depth and interest it gives the colors. I decided to then add some ink splatters. After all of that was dray, I adhereed my patterned papers and photos. For my title, I cut the word "sweet" from cardstock three times and stacked them to add some dimension. I found a journaling sticker that was a coordinating blue color and added that- this sticker had a picture on the top of it that didn't go with my layout, so I just used the sticker upside down and tucked the picture part under my patterned paper. The title needed a little something more, so I pulled out my sewing machine and stitched a couple of circles around it. I embellished the page with die cuts, chipboard, enamel shapes, washi tape, brads, and some Nuvo drops.

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet photos!! I love your water colors and the title work! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete