Sunday, June 9, 2019

Grad cards

Hello, happy weekend! I have two new cards to share. I was inspired by the current card sketch at Stick It Down:

The current challenge at Bitten By the Bug is to use a Cricut cut for a graduation project, so I went looking through my cartridges for a cut to use on my cards. I found this burst and "Congrats" sentiment on the "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More" cartridge. I cut the background from glitter cardstock and the sentiment from dark blue cardstock. I stuck with the school colors of the graduates. I stamped and heat embossed the words on the background panel. For the stripes, I used washi tape and glitter ribbon. 

10 comments:

  1. great couple of cards! thank you for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2 this time around! good luck!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Your cards are super! Thanks for playing at the BBTB2 challenge blog. Janet-SugarShine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your embossing on the background. I love that you used the school colors on your cards! Pretty glittery star shaped die cuts! Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down---Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bursts on the cards especially in glitter! Thanks for playing along in the BBTB2 challenge. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sparkle in the starburst. Nice take on the card design. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun cards. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch, love these cards! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stick it Down!

    Monica- card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. I love the starburst. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down blog. - Mandi card DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card, love the glitter and how pops up on the background! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down -- Patty Card DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us in the Stick It Down June Card Sketch challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, SID Card Team
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete