Saturday, June 22, 2019

Father's Day Cards

Hello and happy weekend! I wanted to share the cards I made for Father's Day last weekend. I was inpired by the current challenge at The Card Concept:


I loved the swirl and the bold colors, so I started there. I used the square background stamp because it reminded me of the swirls in the inspiration image. I stamped that in yellow on cream paper. The current challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2 is to use a Cricut cut for a father's day project, so I did that as well and incorporated the red and blue. The cut I used is from the Holiday Cakes cartridge. Once that was attached to my card, I decided it needed something around the edges, so I inked the edges with some red Distress Ink. I finished things off with blue gems.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card. I bet the father that received it was impressed! Thanks for playing with your Cricut with us at BittenBy The Bug 2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bright card and that background is great! thanks bunches for playing along with us at Bitten By the Bug 2 this week!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright background. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sentiment and love how you were inspired by the swirls in the inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Father's Day card. Great job on the inking and bright colors. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete