Sunday, July 15, 2018

Have a Whale of a Day- CAS(E) This Sketch

Hello! I have some cards to share over the next few days. First up, a birthday card for my animal-loving son based on this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


I started by making the panel for my whale. I used alcohol inks and tried some techniques suggested in this post.  I started with blue and turqoise alcohol inks and spread them over glossy cardstock. I then took a paintbrush and rubbing alcohol and made some waves and drops on the background. I finished it off with tiny drops of pearl mixative applied with a toothpick. My 8-year-old son wanted to know how I made the background, so I think he was impressed! I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. For the whale, I stamped him and then colored him in with watercolor pencils that I then blended with a water pen. I attached the whale with foam adhesive and covered him with Glossy Accents. For the card base, I used an ombre ink pad and inked up an embossing folder ber for running it through my embossing machine.

1 comment: