Sunday, July 15, 2018

Happy Birthday card- Stick it Down

Hi all! I'm back with some more cards to share. This time I used the card sketch from Stick It Down:

I started by stamping the plaid background with Versamark on watercolor paper and heat embossing it. I then misted it with water and added Distress Stains. I let those soak in and dry a bit before wiping off the excess. I then found some coordinating cardstock and cut the sentiment with my Cricut. Once the backgrounds were dry, I glued the sentiment down. I then measured and cut the "v" out of both and then swapped them and attached them to the card fronts. I added some enamel dots in coordinating colors to finish it off.



4 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the sentiment technique you did. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sketch worked out so great for those birthday cards, very nice. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your papers are gorgeous, I LOVE those colors! Your sentiment color choices are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down....Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards a great, I love that you made two with the Sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down- Monica (DT)

    ReplyDelete