Thursday, July 30, 2015

Oh Yeah, and These Cards...

These two birthdays snuck up on me and I had to put these two cards together one night. 

First up is a birthday card for my nephew who will be 7 in a little over a week and we will be celebrating this weekend. I was inspired by this sketch at Sketch Saturday:
I decided to use my Cricut to cut out the super hero for my card. The background for my card is Core'dinations White Wash cardstock that I dry embossed and then sanded to accentuate the embossing. 

The second card is for my nephew who is turning one in a few days. I was inspired by last week's sketch at Cardabilities:

For the background of my card, I used a background stamp and Distress Stains. I punched the banners from patterned paper and edged them with ink. I used my Cricut to cut the letters using the "Makin' the Grade" cartridge. The balloons for stamped, heat embossed, and fussy cut. I drew the strings for the balloons with a pen. Some twine embellishments finished off the card.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of your Cricut on this adorable card. Thanks so much for playing along at Sketch Saturday and using our sketch to feature your great work! Hope to see you again. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete