Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stick It Down Double Page Guest Designer


 Hi all! I'm early this month completing my calendar layout because... I am guest designing at Stick It Down again! My June layout was chosen as a favorite, so I got to work with this sketch this month:


Here is what I came up with:

I was also inspired by the July 3rd Got Talent challenge at My Scraps and More which was to do hand stitching. I went a little crazy with it, in fact.  I stitched 5 large flowers on my page. I think the reason I rarely stitch on a page is because, when I do, I go all out and it takes HOURS. I am happy with the texture it added, although a lot of it ended up being covered. :( 

I used some very OLD letter stickers for my title. The font was so dainty, they got a bit lost against the background, so I outlined them with a blue pen. You can see some of my stitching below and one of my flower clusters.
And my second flower cluster and some more stitching.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, brads, and flair- October Afternoon
Stickers- October Afternoon, K and Co.
Flowers- Prima, Michaels
Pens- Zig and Sakura
Floss- DMC
Wood Veneer- American Crafts
Gelato- Faber Castell
Ink- Tattered Angels
Canvas- Prima

No comments:

Post a Comment