Monday, July 6, 2015

A Few More Cards

Hello! Today I have a few more cards to share that I created last week. 

First up is this anniversary card. I was inspired by the final lesson in Cards for Scrapbookers at Big Picture Classes. For this card, I used my Cricut to cut the flowers from white cardstock.  I backed the holes with different patterned papers. Then I used the pieces that were cut out and placed them back in the holes and misted the card front. I cut the sentiment from white cardstock as well. Some ribbon flower stems and pearl flower middles finished off the card.


Next up is a card using last week's sketch from Sketch Saturday:
I worked with some older My Mind's Eye scraps for this and a couple of stamps and heat embossing. For the thin strips, I took a piece of washi tape and cut it with my trimmer.

Finally, I have a card inspired by this post by Jennifer McGuire. My kids watched the video with me and thought the technique was so cool that I had to try it.  The stamp set I used is a wood mounted set, so the images aren't lined up perfectly, but I am still pretty happy with how it turned out.  After I had stamped and embossed all the layers, I used a few colors of Distress Ink to create the background.

There you have it! I have a couple more cards to make this week, and then I should be able to take a bit of a break from the card making!

No comments:

Post a Comment