Friday, August 7, 2015

Girl(s) Just Wanna Have Fun

Hi all! I have a new layout to share! I picked up the 6x6 pad of Bo Bunny's Forever Young collection a couple of years ago and I finally got the chance to use it, isn't it so fun?!

The title was inspired by the very first Got Talent challenge of the summer at My Scraps and More. The challenge was to use a song title as the title of your layout. I had the random collection of my little girl being goofy and I thought the title fit perfectly! 

I had a lot of fun putting together the title for this. I started with some DIY Thickers and used glitter to match them to the colors in my papers. Some of my alphabet stickers are getting short on letters, so I had to get a little creative here. The "s" is a 5 that I rounded some corners off of. The "w" in "Wanna" is an upside down "m" and if you look closely, you can see that I used a "u", cut off the bottom curve and used it as the cross piece of my "h". The word "Fun" was cut with the Cricut and then outlined with black pen. For the center of the exclamation point, I used a versamark pen and Stamp n' Bond as my adhesive for the glitter. The big circles on my background were made with a mask and Gelatos.

For the big cluster on the right side of my layout, I started with a sheer journaling spot. The text patterned paper made the journaling a little hard to read, so I used a red gelato on the back to make it a bit more opaque. A few other embellishments finished off the cluster.

I am also entering this in the current Paper Issues challenge: It's All About the Face. Since most of the photos on this layout are of my daughter's face, I think it fits. ;)

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper, Buttons, Chipboard- Bo Bunny 
Stamp- 7 gypsies
Gelatos- Faber Castell
Ink- Ranger
Puffy Stickers, foam letters, bow- American Crafts
Glitter- American Crafts, K and Co.
Stickers, enamel dots- Simple Stories
Pen- Zig, Sharpie
Gems- Michael's
Dew Drops- Robin's Nest
Tape- Bella Blvd.
Journal Spot- Maya Road
Floss- DMC
Font- Mandingo

No comments:

Post a Comment