Monday, October 4, 2010

Wedding Fun and Birthday Cards

Here are the projects I completed this week.

The first is a layout I did for the challenge at "Scrap Your Crap." The goal of their challenges is to get you to use what you have. The current challenge is to use products from at least 10 manufacturers on a project. This was actually really simple. Here is my list:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Die Cuts With a View, Target
Border Strip- Making Memories
Border Punch- Martha Stewart Crafts
Vellum- The Paper Company
Stamp- Autumn Leaves
Ink- Tsukineko
Embossing Powder- Joann Craft Essentials
Flowers- Imaginisce
Pen- Zig, Uniball Signo, American Crafts
Buttons- Oriental Trading
Foam Stamps- Lil Davis Designs, Pebbles
Paint- M. Graham and Co.
Ribbon- Morex
Die Cuts- K and Company
Glitter Glue- Ranger
Brad- American Crafts

The sketch that I used for the layout is from page 35 of the July/ August issue of Creating Keepsakes.

After I completed the layout, I made this card with the scraps:

I made this tag for the September Tag Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to use dry embossing somewhere on the tag. I don't have an embossing machine, but I did have a sample of Core dinations cardstock that was pre-embossed, so I used that. I put the tag on a baby gift.

Finally, here is the birthday card I made for my 11-year-old nephew's birthday. I was feeling a bit at a loss for what to do that would be "mature" enough when I came by this post on another blog. Suddenly, I felt inspired and made this card. I played a little with some Grungeboard and distressing.

My daughters wanted in on the card making action so they made cards as well. Ellie's (3 1/2) is on the left and Addy's (almost 2) is on the right.

4 comments:

  1. Loving all the things that you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how fast ten manufacturers add up! Very pretty pink layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects!!!!!! I love the first layout
    :-)
    Thank you for playing with us at Scrap your crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects - how fun that your kids join in! Love the wedding page - the lacy border is so cool!

    ReplyDelete