Monday, October 18, 2010

Santa's Little Helper

I got one layout done this week and it was for the Blade Masters Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge for this month was to stamp two images and cut them out. I did the two ornaments on the layout. I also used a technique I learned at Scrapfest to stamp them. The technique was to use a marker to color the image (although an inkpad would work too, it is easier to get the two tone effect as on the top ornament with markers), then spray it once or twice with a clear glimmer spray (I used Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist) to give the stamped image some shimmer. It is hard to see in the photo, but it is pretty in person. This paper had the tree cut out of the bottom corner so I backed it with patterned paper and used brads as ornaments.

I used the scraps from the above layout to make a birthday card for a friend's daughter who turned 1 this past Thursday. I also used some scraps of tulle (from making Ellie's tutu for her ballerina costume) for the wings.

Well, that's probably one of the last layouts you will see from me for a while. I am in the process of preparing photos to print for 3 calendars I am making as Christmas gifts and I won't be sharing those until after they have been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment