Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Project Scrapbook

This week began "Project Scrapbook" at Challenge Masters. Our first challenge was:

Dig out those birthday pictures and let's scrap that dreaded topic! This past weekend my daughter turned 3 years old and now I have gift bags galore, wrapping and tissue have taken over! Don't let the subject matter intimidate you! You can do it!! Let's make use of those party supplies scrappers!

I know a layout can be hard without pictures and some of us just don't have them so for this challenge a card is acceptable too!

Card - 10 points
8.5 x 11 - 15 points
12 x 12 - 20 points
Title - 10 points
Journaling
50 words or less - 25 points
50+ words or more - 35 points
Pictures - 10 points per picture
Party Supply - 10 points per party supply.

"Make it work" bonus - 100 points (in addition to the above points)
Use ONLY party supplies with the exception of pictures. Stamping on/or altering the supplies is just fine, but everything on the layout/card MUST be a party supply. Journaling is acceptable, but if it's on a "journaling block" the block needs to be made out of some party supply. Greeting cards, wrapping paper, gift bags, napkins, party hats, plates... anything goes, but it must be a party supply. No card stock or pattern paper allowed!


This was quite the challenge for me as we don't have a lot of party supplies around. Most of what I used on the page was wrapping supplies. I am pretty happy with the page, but I am not crazy about how the title turned out. Not sure what to do at this point, I may redo it if it bugs me too much.



Here is how my points added up:
Points
12x12= 20 pts
Title= 10 pts
Journaling (49 words)= 25 pts
Pictures x6= 60 points
Supplies= wrapping paper background, gift bag cut up for photo mats, plate cut up for title tag, tissue paper on embellishments, box cut up for base of page and embellishments, ribbon x5= 110 pts
Make it work= 100 pts

total= 325 pts

I also made a birthday card this week for my niece using scraps from the "Reception" layout I did the other day. It was so easy using paper that was already out that I knew worked together. I may have to do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment