Friday, September 3, 2010

Blue Ribbon Scrapping

This past month I entered some projects into a couple of area county fairs. I have been doing this for a few years because it is fun to show off some of my work and sometimes there is a little money involved.

The first fair was the Dakota County Fair. I haven't had a lot of success at this fair in the past, but this year I entered two projects: the wedding album I made for my brother and sister-in-law and a travel album I did of a trip my husband and I took last spring. You can see it here. I received a blue ribbon on the wedding album and a red (2nd premium) on the vacation album!

I also entered a couple of projects in the Steele County Fair. For this fair you are only allowed to enter 2 12x12 pages per entry. The great part of this fair is that the winner of the scrapbooking division receives a $50 gift certificate to the scrapbook store in Owatonna. I won 2 years ago... and won again this year!! The store has a post with photos of the winning projects here. The other project I entered was my "Park Play" layout from this post. This layout received an Honorable Mention ribbon.

Until next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment