Thursday, June 24, 2010

Some Quick Projects

I've gotten a few more projects done in the last couple of days for challenges. Two of them are cards for a couple of birthdays next week. I have an anniversary card I should get done too so that it is done and ready to go in case I go into labor.

The first project is another pocket page for my birthday cards from last year. I did this one for the Blade Masters Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to use die cuts as a border. I cut the party hats using the "border" feature on my Cricut and then cut the two individual cupcakes to cap the end of my border. Both images are from the Doodlecharms cartridge. While I was working on this one both of my daughters wanted to play with my supplies so I pulled out the "Paper Doll Dress Up" cartridge and we made a doll for each of them. I don't have pictures right now, but I will snap some and post them in the next couple of days. It was fun letting them choose how they wanted their dolls to look and it was interesting letting my 3-year-old choose paper to cut the layers from.



The next project was a birthday card I made for my father-in-law whose birthday is next week. I also made this one for the Cards Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to make a masculine card and do some heat embossing on it. The "Happy Birthday" and leaves were heat embossed with silver powder.



Finally, I made a birthday card for my Grandma whose birthday is next week as well. This one was for the Stamping Challenge. The challenge was to stamp on patterned paper. I ended up choosing a subtle patterned paper (the red) the stamp my flower on. I like how the patterned paper adds a little texture to the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment