Monday, June 7, 2010

A Couple of Cards

With June comes lots of birthdays and anniversaries in our family so, along with layouts, you will be seeing lots of cards. Here are the two cards for this week.

The first is a birthday card for my sister whose birthday is Wednesday. For this card I wanted to play some more with my alcohol inks on clear material. I cut out a piece of transparency and used the inks on the label part. Hint: Alcohol inks smudge the ink on Hambly brand transparencies. I learned the hard way to used them on the opposite side of the printing! Anyway, I feel like I still have A LOT to learn about using these inks and am strongly considering taking a class.



The second card I made for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's anniversary on Thursday. I used a couple of challenges as inspiration. The Technique Challenge this month at Challenge Masters is to make a fabric or ribbon flower. I ended up making two as the first one I made was way too big, but I LOVE the way the lace one turned out! I also used the currents sketch from Get Sketchy.



1 comment:

  1. I love your lace flower too--perfect touch for your lovely anniversary card! No doubt they'll love it. . . . .

    ReplyDelete