Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Cards!

I have several cards to share today. As I was uploading them, I realized that 4 of them have the same basic design- centered main element and sentiment. This is a design I go back to over and over and it works. 

First up is this masculine birthday card. I started by embossing the background paper with an embossing folder. I then rubbed a gold ink pad over the background to give it some interest. I cut the green leaves with my Cricut and attached them with glue. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on the same color of cardstock. I finished things off with Nuvo drops.


Next is a confirmation card for my daughter. I made a huge mess making this one! I started by inking Versamark through a swirl mask. Then I used Stamp and Bond Embossing powder. Once I had heated the powder, I poured the red glitter over it. I tried to heat the powder while pouring the glitter- I don't recommend this, I ended up with glitter EVERYWHERE! There weren't enough scrolls after the first time, so I used the mask and ink and added more. I went over it all at the end to help the glitter get better adhered to the card. I cut the cross using my Cricut, and, like the card above, stamped and heat embossed my sentiment.

This card is like the one I made in this post, I just used different colors and stamps.


I played a bit with alcohol inks on this next card. I dropped colors onto some Yupo paper. Once they were dry, I used a plaid stamp and Lift Off ink. I didn't stamp it straight, so wen I attached it to the card, I adhered the paper at an angle that made the lines straight. I stamped and heat embossed the pig on watercolor paper and used Distress Inks and a water brush to color it in. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment for this card as well. I finished things off with some gems.


Finally, this card has a bit of a different design. I used the layering stencils that came in the Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit. You can see when I used them the first time here. This time I just used the stencils and didn't use the outline stamp. I really like the abstract look that gives to the flowers. I splattered some brown Glimmer Mist over the card before cutting out and attaching the sentiment. To finish things off, I added a piece of twine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment