Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Sending Sunshine- Card from a kit

Hi all! I have a pair of cards to share today! I was inspired by the single page sketch at Stick It Down:


I was also inspired by the left column of the Tic Tac Toe Challenge board:


I recently bought the Simon Says Stamp October Card kit (it looks like it is already sold out). I went to work with the included stencils and stamps when I received it. I used the layering stencils to blend the color for the flowers and then stamped the lines over the top. I didn't get things lined up quite right, so there is a little shadowing in spots. I will have to try another technique next time. The set makes a 6x6 image, so I cut it in half to make two cards. I had this really old brown sunflower paper that I used to layer over the edge to complete the card front. I used Walnut Stain Distress ink and inked the edges of my panel. I took brown and gold spray ink and added some splatters. It is hard to see, but I stamped and heat embossed "Sending Sunshine" in the bottom corner of my card and then tied some twine above it.


 I am really loving these sunflower stamps and I am looking forward to playing with the images more in the future!

2 comments:

  1. These are such pretty cards! I love how you used the single page sketch to inspire your card design! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! Using the single page design is so clever! Your coloring and inking are outstanding. Thank you for joining Stick It Down

    ReplyDelete