Friday, May 6, 2022

A Few New Cards

Hello all! I have some new cards to share today! First up is a set of Mother's Day cards I made for my mom, my mother-in-law and my grandmas. I was inspired by the current challenge at Fusion:


I'm a sucker for a beautiful blue color pallette like this, so I had to use it for my cards. It ended up being a little more green, but I got the butterflies on there. To make my cards, I started with a full sheet of white cardstock. I took a brayer and some green Distress Inks and rolled the ink onto my  paper. Then I pulled out a butterfly, dragonfly, and scroll mask. I laid them on the paper I had created and used a blending brush with green and blue inks over the mask. I then cut the paper into 4 panels. At this point, I felt the color scheme was too green, so I pulled out some blue spray mist and sprayed a few pumps over each panel to give it some more blue color. It had to added bonus of adding some shimmer. I then pulled out some patterned paper and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. To add more butterflies to the cards, I stamped some butterflies on may banners as well and then attached them to my cards. I finished them off with some sequins. 



 Next up is a birthday card for my nephew. He is into KiMudo, so I found a Cricut cut that would work. I used some kraft cardstock and an embossing folder for the brick wall background- I really love the texture that folder creates! I cut and assembled my guy and cut a balloon as well. I stamped the sentiment and then drug the black inkpad over the string. Since the paper is textured, it didn't make it totally black and I needed to go over it with a black marker. I attached the balloon with foam tape for dimension. I finished things off with a few puffy stickers.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful array of cards! So glad you shared the butterfly ones at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete