Tuesday, May 31, 2022

More Cards

Hello, I am sharing two cards I made last week. I started with the same patterned paper and took it two different directions. For my first card, I had this chain link background stamp that I picked up on clearance a while back. I decided to make it look like there were some flowers growing through the hole and a butterfly on this side of the fence. I stamped the background stamp with Versamark, and heat embossed it in silver. Then I fussy cut the flower and butterfly, adding them to the card with foam tape. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a coordinating piece of patterned paper and added it as a banner. 


For my second card, I had made a mistake when I was trimming the background, so I layered two pieces of patterned paper together and covered the seam with a piece of ribbon. I then stamped and heat embossed the cat and balloon on white cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment in the balloon. I used water color pencils and a water brush to color the cat and balloon. I fussy cut the cat and added it to my background with foam tape.  To add some sparkle, I used some yellow Stickles glitter gel over someof the leaves and one of the butterflies. I also added some orange sequins.


The cat stamp and glitter gel is from this month's Simon Says Stamp card kit. I am excited to make some more cards with this kit in the days to come!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment