Thursday, January 3, 2019

Distress Oxide cards

I bought some new colors of Distress Ink and Distress Oxide ink when it was on sale for Black Friday. I finally had the chance this past weekend to play with it a bit. 

For my first card, I used my Stamping Gear and a rainbow of inks to make the bubbles. Then I used a water brush and used the Distress Oxide inks as watercolor to color in my bear. I then blended them onto my sentiment strip. I added the sentiment to my card with some foam tape. I finished things off with some Glossy Accents in some of the bubbles.


For my next card, I stamped and heat embossed the background stamp on white cardstock. I then blended inks from the center outward over the heat embossing. I misted and splattered a bit of Perfect Pearls mixed with water over the panel to give it some interest and to react with the Oxide inks. I die cut the sentiment using the "Sentimentals" cartridge and my Cricut and added it to my card with foam adhesive. I finished the card off with a few sequins.

No comments:

Post a Comment