Friday, January 18, 2019

Distress Monoprint Birthday Cards

Hello! I have a few new cards to share using a technique that Jennifer McGuire demonstrated on her blog a while back.

I have a few background stamps, so it is always good to find new techniques to use them! First up is these more masculine birthday cards. I started by blending Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks on white cardstock. I let those dry, went over my cardstock with a powder tool and then stamped the background stamp with Versamark. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then sprayed the panel with water and laid it face to face with a plain piece of cardstock. I ran it through my dry embossing machine (outside of an embossing folder) to make sure it transferred as much ink as possible. To finish of the cards, I cut the sentiment and its shadow. I stamped and heat embossed the tiny sentiment on a strip of coordinating cardstock. 


My second set of cards was inspired by the current challenge at The Card Concept:


For this background, I used Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink and put the pad directly to my paper. I again made sure it was dry before stamping and heat embossing the background stamp. I used a layered clematis stamp set by Altenew to stamp the flowers with dye inks on vellum. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment.The flowers took a while to dry, so I let them set overnight. I attached the vellum with brads to finish off the cards.

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic. I'm really drawn to the one with the dark grey background. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete