Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Smile It's Summer

Ha, I wish! I'm going to pretend that there isn't nearly a foot of fresh snow outside my window while I write this. :)

The current challenge at Scrap Our Stash is to use the "Up" movie poster for inspiration:



I've been holding on to this October Afternoon cloud paper for a while and I thought this was the perfect time to pull it out and use it! I didn't want to cut my photos into circles or ovals, so I just rounded the corners to suggest the shape of balloons. I then found some coordinating patterned papers and cut them into circles and ovals to add around my photos. I found the wood veneer piece and inked it to go with the colors I was using and stamped the rest of the title. To continue to illusion of balloons, I used some white embroidering floss to make strings on my balloons. I finished of the page with a stitched border, journaling, stickers, wood veneer pieces and enamel dots.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so adorable! Love the details and stash used. So creative. Thanks for your entry in the Scrap Our Stash Challenge. Enjoy your day and Happy Scrapping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and lovely layout!Love how you made the balloons!Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Love the balloons connected to "smile" - great idea. Thanks for playing along with the fun at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that base page is perfect!! Love your layout - super cute take on the "balloon" inspiration! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this !! Very creative way of making balloons. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cool and fun design! Perfect for the UP inspiration! Thanks for joining Scrap Our Stash! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete