Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Play to Learn

Hello!  I have another layout to share! I don't know what to say, I've been inspired lately! I started today's layout with this sketch #102 (by Ashley Horton) from My Scraps and More.

My interpretation is a little looser that I usually go with a sketch, but I think you can still see the sketch in my layout (even if my 6-year-old doesn't). ;)  I was also inspired by the 3/20 Friday Free for All Challenge at My Scraps and More. The challenge was to use new and old stash, wood veneer, and stickers. I used some Echo Park "Little Boy" (old!) and Bella Blvd "Tiny Tots" (new) for my papers. I started with a pieced of patterned paper for my background.  I took a circle mask and a blue Gelato to make some circles.  I then added some white and green ink splatters.


I used a sticker from one of the visits as an accent on my page. Since we were going with circles here, it worked perfectly! 

I colored some of my wood veneer pieces with the same blue Gelato I used on my background.  I colored the pieces and then blended the color with my finger.  I used a combination of letter stickers and die cut letters for my title.  I finished off my page with some orange buttons.

Materials:
Patterned Paper- Bella Blvd., Echo Park
Ink- Imaginisce, Studio Calico
Gelato- Faber Castell
Mask and Wood Veneer- Studio Calico
Stickers- Bella Blvd., Fancy Pants, Simple Stories
Font- Mail Ray Stuff
Software- Adobe, Crafters Edge
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Tape- My Mind's Eye
Buttons- Jesse James Co., Oriental Trading Company
Pen- Zig

5 comments:

  1. Your baby is so cure!!
    Colorful layout! Thank you for joining us at MSAM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout! I love your take on the sketch. Such fun colors to bring out the blue in the photos as well! Thank you for playing along with us at My Scraps & More sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable page Jessica! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute! Fantastic photos and fun layout. Thanks for playing along with MS&M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page! Love how you incorporated the museum sticker!!! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More.

    ReplyDelete