Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Hey Cuz!

Merry Christmas!  I hope you have all had a wonderful day with family rejoicing that our Lord came to earth!  We have had a laid back day at home, a day that included a little scrappy time for me!  

I made a layout about my older son and his cousin who is 2 months (to the day!) older than him.  I used photos from various times throughout their first two years.  It is so fun to see how they have grown and changed and how they interact with one another. 

I was inspired by the 2nd Day of Christmas challenge at My Scraps and More.  It was a color challenge.  Normally color challenges totally intimidate me and this one definitely had a Christmas feel to it, but I decided to make a go of it with these non-Christmas photos.  I am glad I did!  

I started by pulling papers that fit the color scheme and went from there.  I have so many different manufacturers on this layout!  That is the awesome thing about a color challenge, you can pull from so many different places!

Materials:
Cardstock- Stampin Up
Patterned Paper- Echo Park, My Mind's Eye
Stickers- Simple Stories, October Afternoon
Brad- Crate Paper
Chipboard- Pink Paislee, Studio Calico
Tape- Bella Blvd
Twine- Target
Rubons- Basic Grey
Pens- Zig and Creative Memories
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Doodlecharms

No comments:

Post a Comment