Monday, September 30, 2013

I Feel the Love: September

Better late than never, right?  I am getting this one in just under the wire.  It has been a busy month, but I made a card this month for the I Feel the Love Project.  The cards are going to Hope Ministries which is an organization that serves the homeless in Des Moines and Central Iowa.  

For my card this month, I used this week's Unscripted Sketch.

I love the changing leaves of fall and so I used them as my inspiration for a more masculine birthday card.  I stamped the leaf with a Stampin' Up stamp.  I started by inking it with Wild Honey Distress ink, then added some Barn Door and finally, edged it with Walnut ink.  I stamped it on the white cardstock circle and then spritzed it with water a couple of time to give it a watercolor look.  The background of my card is Core-dinations cardstock that i dry embossed, sanded and then inked around the edges.  

2 comments:

  1. Jessica, wow, love the look of this card. All the techniques you used to make this work so well together. The outcome is beautiful. I love the fall look. Perfect masculine card. You ROCKED this for sure. Thank you so much. I always appreciate your talents and support. Someone will be blessed by this card!!
    Hugs to you!! ~Madison

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW beautiful card! Love this! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete