Friday, February 15, 2013

Addy's First Haircut

I have a new layout to share.  I did this one for a couple of different challenges and I got to play with some new stuff I the process. :-)

My Scraps and More is hosting a” Love is in the Air” crop on their forum. All of the challenges revolve around the theme of Valentine's day, but you don't have to be scrapping Valentine's Day. I did this layout for the ”Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend” challenge which was to use two different types of ” bling” on a layout.


I used some clear ” bling on a roll” from Michaels and colored them using yellow and gold alcohol ink. The frame was cut using my Cricut and the ”Stretch Your Imagination” cartridge.  I used the card frame function. To contain the hair clippings, I used a rectangular piece of bubble packaging that I glued to the page.

I also did this for the ”All Things Being Equal” challenge at Back Porch Memories. That challenge was to use a square as the main design element on the page. My main photo is a square. I used some DIY Thickers and glitter for the word "Addy's" in the title. I poured the glitter on when they were already on my page so some got stuck to the adhesive around my die cut "Haircut. I decided to leave it as it made a nice shadow effect on the letters.
  Here are the two major embellishment clusters on the page:
 
 
Materials 
Cardstock- Bazzill 
Patterned Paper- My Mind's Eye, Pink Paislee
Gems- Recollections
Flower- Petaloo
Brads and Enamel Dots- My Mind's Eye
Stickers- Fancy Pants, Basic Grey, American Crafts and October Afternoon
Gel Accents- Heidi Swapp
Glitter Glue- Ranger
Pen- Marvy
Ribbon- Michaels
Gromlet- We R Memory Keepers
Transparency- Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink- Ranger and Clearsnap
Glitter- American Crafts
Font- CK Racer
Software- Sure Cuts A Lot
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Stretch Your Imagination
Mist- EK Success and Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment