Saturday, July 7, 2012

This Week's Cards

I "only" had three cards to make this week, I actually managed to make a couple of pages as well! Today I am sharing my cards.

This first card is for my brother-in-law who celebrated his birthday on the 4th of July. I have made red, white and blue cards the last few years so I decided to mix it up this year and go with a different color scheme. I used the final sketch from Card Patterns (sniff, sniff). The stamps are from the Close to My Heart set I bought at the church garage sale. I am really enjoying these stamps! I used a tear drop shaped inkpad to ink the "party" stamp and I guess I didn't to a very good job of inking it evenly, because I got a bit of a distressed look when I stamped it. I'm okay with it though because I think it looks like denim. The large dark blue block I ran through my Texture Boutique and then edges with some white Distress Stain.


Next is a card I made for my brother and sister-in-law for their anniversary, also on the 4th of July. Again I decided to forgo the red, white and blue and this time I went for a more "romantic" color scheme, using the Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection. I used last week's card sketch at Let's Capture These Sketches.  I cut the layered flower out using my Cricut and the Cindy Loo cartridge.  I sprayed two of the layers with  Golden Terra Cotta Glimmer Mist to make them stand out and then sprayed all of the layers with Perfect Pearls Mist.  The scroll is Grungeboard that I sprayed with white Mister Huey mist and then Perfect Pearls Mist.  The small flower I fussy cut from some patterned paper.

Finally I have the card I made for my sister-in-law whose birthday is today.  For this card I used this week's sketch from Mojo Monday.  I tried a technique on the scrolly piece of paper, but it didn't work how I was hoping it would, so I ended up with a kind of mottle red, blue, and silver effect on glossy cardstock.  The flower and sentiment I stamped with Versamark and then poured purple embossing powder over it.  I wanted to add a touch of red to it so I brushed off the purple in places (before heating it) and then poured red embossing powder over those areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment