Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Birthday Challenge

This week's challenge at Cooking with Cricut is to use a cake, cupcake or balloon cut on a project. I made this birthday card with some scraps I had laying on my desk from a previous project. I used the birthday cake from "Stretch Your Imagination."


This card also marks the start of my annual Lenten project. The past four years I have made a card each day for Operation Write Home. This organization collects cards and then ships them to soldiers overseas so the soldiers have handmade cards to send to their family members back home. This year, I am doing something a little different. I have decided to take a class at Big Picture Classes called Scrapbooking Your Faith, which starts March 1st and runs 4 weeks. I plan to devote a large amount of time to the class, so I won't be able to make a card every day. For the days of Lent before and after the class, I will make a card per day. For the duration of the class, I have set the goal of 4 cards per week. I will be sharing my cards and projects from the class right here!

7 comments:

  1. Pretty! I love when scraps come in handy. :) The colours on this are gorgeous and that patterned paper is really lovely. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CWC. :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! It is truly lovely! Thanks for playing with us at CWC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so pretty! TFS and thanks for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut!
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Jessica! I love the bold graphics and the sparkle on the cake, too. Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice!
    Thanks for playing with us at CWC this week!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kemma, CookingWithCricut Design Team
    mykemmacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pattern setup on this card. Great Job! Thanks for playing with us at CWC. Smooches... Sous Chef Feli

    ReplyDelete