Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Month of Cards, Part 4: More Sketches

I made a few more cards to share: 3 birthday and 1 anniversary. I used sketches for two of them and played with my alcohol inks for the other 2. I'll start with the sketches.

For this one I used the current Card Pattern. I also did this month's stamping/card challenge at Global Scrappers. The challenge was to use scallops and a bow. Since the sketch called for both of those things as well, I stuck pretty close to it.



This week is Card Week at Sketch Support so I used that one for my next card. It made a great masculine card, but you could definitely replace the stars with little flowers for a girly take on it. This is also a great sketch to use up scraps- look at all those strips!! Once I got this one put together I inked the edges to give it a distressed feel.



Finally, here are a couple of cards I used some glossy cardstock and alcohol inks on. For the first one, I did the plaid on a scrap of the cardstock and then cut the hearts out using my Cricut. If you want to see the tutorial on how to make this plaid, you can check it out here, on Tim Holtz's very own blog.


Last, I used my resist ink again on this card. I stamped the trees and sentiment and then heat set them. Then I rolled over the card with Chipped Sapphire ink on top and Forest Moss and Walnut Ink on the bottom. For the clouds I dropped Pearl Mixative in clumps. The bear was stamped and cut from regular textured cardstock and then I used foam adhesive to attach it to the card. I added the knotted ribbon for a little extra interest and to direct the eye to the sentiment.


There you have it, 4 more cards! I only have 2 left!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute version of the sketch! Love the eyelets on the stars and the ribbon on the top strip! Thank you for sharing it!

    I also love the heart card with the plaid with alcohol inks! That's a technique I really want to try sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done. Thanks for playing with us at Card patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete