Friday, April 1, 2011

Chopped Week #3

I didn't get cut this week in the Chopped contest at Challenge Masters!! This weeks' challenge was a doozy though.

We were to use the color white, cardboard and stitching. Ugh. Look through my blog, there aren't any mostly white layouts out there. I like COLOR!! So that was a major challenge for me. Then add in cardboard... I've seen challenges to use it before and I've even meant to try it once, but I haven't been able to work it into a layout. I decided to work with strips of cardboard, thinking that smaller amounts might be easier to work with. I peeled one side off, painted it white and then Glimmer Misted the heck out of it. My solution to not being able to use color? Lots of glitter and sparkle! I Glimmer Misted the cardboard, added glitter glue accents to the butterflies and gems to the middle of my flowers. The stitching part was the easiest. I was able to incorporate both hand and machine stitching. I machine stitched around the patterned paper blocks that house the photos and I hand stitched the trails behind the butterflies. (The glitter glue was still wet in my photos, but you get the idea.)



No comments:

Post a Comment