Sunday, April 10, 2011

April Blade Masters Challenge!

I am the new Blade Masters "Diva" at Challenge Masters for the next 6 months! The Blade Master category is all about using your cutting tools: electronic die cutters, manual die cutters, punches, scissors, etc. Since I have a Cricut and I have seen many comments in the Challenge Masters forum about women who do not use their die cutters, I am going to try to come up with some unique ways to use them other than basic die cut page accents and titles in hopes that people will find some new ways to use their machines and they don't go to waste!

For this month's challenge I decided to go with something pretty easy that you don't see very often. My challenge is to use die cuts to make a faux dry embossing look. The way you do this is to make the die cuts from the same color of paper as the background that you are placing them on.

For my example, I decided to do the layout of all of my belly shots from my pregnancy with William. I chose to cut out the foot shape from "New Arrival" in various sizes. I placed them along the top and bottom of my layout. Unfortunately you can't see them at all in the full shot of the layout, so I have included a couple of close up shots so you can get a better idea of what it looks like in person.




I made this card a couple of months ago, but it fits the criteria. I used a scroll frame from the "Storybook" cartridges behind the butterfly.

So, there you go, that's my challenge for this month. You don't need a Cricut for this either- you can use a punch to cut out your shapes or even a scissors! Get those blades moving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment