Thursday, March 10, 2011

Post #100!: Some Projects

I have started my Lenten project for the year: making a card each day to be sent to Operation Write Home who sends them on to the troops overseas so they can send handmade cards to their families.

For my first card yesterday I pulled out the stamped image and then pull out my red paper scraps and put together the card.


For today's card I used the current sketch at Cardabilities. The sketch made me think of balloons and cupcakes so I used my Cricut and Stretch Your Imagination (balloons) and Doodlecharms (cupcakes) cartridges.



Here are three layouts I did without sketches! I realized how much a sketch makes my scrapping faster when I was working on the first layout. It took me all week to complete it! I had printed the photos in sizes I thought would work well together (I had also played a bit with black and white and color in Photoshop Elements with a few of them). I had to figure out how best to lay them out and then how to embellish the page. With all three pages I also had to figure out how to incorporate some "ephemera"- the program and invitation on the first layout and the ribbons on the other two. I had fun playing with some of my new Cricut cartridges and the extra capabilities of the Expression, but I did find these layouts to be a bit challenging as well!





1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your cards will be appreciated by all who receive them.

    ReplyDelete