Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Official Teenager card

Hello again! I have a new card to share today! I made this one for my drum playing nephew whose 13th birthday was yesterday. I started with the current Tic Tac Toe challenge board for inspiration:


I used the far right column: die cut, free and birthday. I made my background by blending yellow and orange Distress Oxide inks on watercolor paper. I then inked up the funky square background stamp wiht red Distress Oxide ink. I misted that with water and then stamped it on my background. I think I may try this technique again with darker colors in the background and lighter on the stamp to see if I get a more interesting effect. I added some black ink splatters to my background. I used my Cricut to die cut the drummer. I attached that to my background and then added the sequin stars (which appear as the different colored spots on the background-  glue dried clear, but reacted with the inks...). I used glossy accents to fill in the notes for a fun effect. I was going to stop there, but felt it needed more. My daughter suggested putting something on the drum. I just just looking for the number 13, but found this writing Cricut file, so I went with it. I cut it out and attached it to the drum. I then decided to add a bit of string across the bottom for a bit of interest.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment