Monday, August 22, 2022

Birthday Cards From a Kit

Hi all! I have a few cards to share today using the June Card kit from Simon Says Stamp (sorry, it's no longer available!). For my first card, I used the current card sketch from Stick it Down


I started with the rainbow wavy paper for the background and found the little cut apart rectagle for the sentiment. I then found the green wood grain paper for the bottom half of the card. Initially, I didn't line up the grass line of the small panel with the background on purpose, but decided I liked the continuity it created. I matted the small panel to make it stand out against the background. For the clouds, I stamped and fussy cut them befor layering them onto the background. I finished the card of with some iridescent gold stars.


The next few cards used the patterned papers that were included in the kit paired with the stamp set. I loved these cute bunnies, so I started with that for my main panel. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of the green cardstock I used for my card base. I wanted to add some dimension, so I fussy cut the butterflies from another piece of paper in the kit. I finished off this card with a few drops of Stickles.

This card started with the balloon patterned paper, I chose the cute bunny and balloon stamp to layer on top. I colored the stamped image with watercolor pencils and blended the color with a water brush. I stamped the main sentiment directly on the background and decided to add the smaller sentiment onto the balloon. To add some sparkle, I used the yellow Stickles gel included in the kit to add sparkle to the balloon. The cat was attached to the card with foam tape for dimension.

My final card started with the painted squares background. I added a strip of punched coordinating cardstock across the bottom for interest. The sentiment panel and clouds were stamped on white cardstock. I fussy cut the clouds and ran a black inkpad over the edges of the sentiment panel to give it an outline to match the cloudes. I layered everything onto the card, lifting some layers with foam adhesive. I finished things off with more of those iridescent gold stars.

 This kit has been so fun to create with! I have some bits and pieces of the papers left and of course the stamp set, so you will be seeing a bit more of this kit in the future!

4 comments:

  1. All very cute cards! I love how you added the clouds in on the Stick it Down sketch! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious little bunny on his bike. Super cute card, and I love the background papers, and all your star embellishments. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon (All your cards are wonderful)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute cards. I love the clouds you used with the bunny on the bike. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete