Sunday, June 27, 2021

More Cards

Hi all! I'm back today catching up with sharing the cards I've been making. First up is a pair of cards I made using the current card sketch at Stick It Down:



I started by making the backgrounds using the Triangles Turnabout Stamp. I decided to make these cards monochromatic, so I found a few shades of blue and black to work with. I also wanted to see how it looked on different colors, so I stamped one background on white and the other on a blue gray color. I took the same ink colors and stamped the cupcakes on white cardstock squares. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and then cut it out. I added a strip of silver foil paper behind my cupcakes. To attach the sentiment, I used foam tape to add some dimension. I finished the card off with silver Nuvo drop "sprinkles" on the cupcakes.


Next up is a pair of Father's Day cards I made using this sketch from Sketch Saturday:


I used a wood grain embossing folder to make the background panels. I then used a layering stamp to make the circle sentiment. I heat embossed the sentiment. I made the stripes with a couple of stripes of washi tape. I finished off the card front with some brads.


These last two cards were my own designs. For this baptism card, I dry embossed pale purple cardstock and then lightly inked the raised areas with an inking tool to make them stand out a bit more. I stamped the flowers on vellum and colored it in on the back. This is a great way to make sure the stamping stays bright and doesn't get smudged or covered by your coloring. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and then attached it to my card front. I decided it needed a bit more of a frame so I mounted it on a piece of purple cardstock and then onto my card front.


Finally, I made this card for my husband for our anniversary. I started with a piece that had the "love" resist and gold heart on it. I did the smooshing technique with blue inks to create the background. Once that was dry, I used my Cricut and cut the "I" and "you" and attached them to my card front. I finished off the card with some dots of iridescent Stickles. 


 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful "Happy" cards! I love how you used the same stamp colors on both cards but different colored background paper, and they both look awesome. Your little cupcakes and sprinkles are the perfect touch! Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jessica, thanks for sharing your cards with us at Stick It Down. Great take on the challenges! Maya, card team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. I love how the background cardstock you used made each card different. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down blog
    Mandi, card DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards! Lovin' your take on the card sketch! Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the triangle background and color coordinated cupcakes! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down this month!
    Monica- Card DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete