Saturday, June 12, 2021

Cards, cards, cards!

Hello all! It has been a bit! I had a few photo sessions in close succession and I didn't get a chance to post some cards I made. 

I'll start with the cards I made most recently. I started with this sketch from Sketch Saturday:


I started by stamping and heat embossing the background stamp on watercolor paper. I then took some yellow, green and blue Distress inks and pressed them, one at a time, onto a plastic surface. I then misted the ink with water and pressed my paper into the ink. I let each color dry before doing the next color to prevent them from mixing too much. Once it was all dry, I trimmed the pieces down and attached them to a black cardstock panel. I stamped the sentiment and present on coordinating cardstock scraps that were already on my desk. I rounded the corners of one end of my tag and attached the twine with a staple before attaching the tag to my card.


Next up is a pair of cards that I stamped onto vellum to create. I used some layering stamps for these. Once I had all of the layers stamped, I realized that both sides of the vellum looked really cool, but ended up using the side I stamped on. To add some interest to my background, I used my Stamping Gear to stamp a subtle pattern. I then adhered the vellum over the stamping. I cut the sentiment using my Cricut. To finish off the card, I used some Stickles for the centers of some of the flowers.


These last three cards use the same technique as I used on the first two. I had a lot of fun with this technique and I love the colorful backgrounds it created! For this card, I used the entire piece for my background. I used my Cricut to cut the sentiment and underlined it with a piece of washi tape. I finished of the card with some Liquid Pearl accents.


I cut the inked piece in half for these two cards. I added a strip of glitter cardstock and dry embossed a piece of yellow cardstock for the bottom of the card. I heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum and wrapped the piece around the top part of the card and attached it in the back. I finished the cards off with gold Liquid Pearl accents. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment