Thursday, January 26, 2017

Winter Fun

Hello all! I have a layout to share today. This one took me a while to complete for some reason, but I think it is pretty fun!

I started with this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy:

I stuck pretty close to the sketch, but made a few tweaks in terms of embellishing. I was also inspired by the Mix It Up challenge at Paper Issues which was to use gesso and acrylic paint on your layout. I started my layout by taking a plastic card and using it to spread gesso over a scroll stencil. I then took a foam brush and lightly brushed blue acrylic paint over that. The card technique made the gesso smoosh out under the stencil, but it also meant that I have a white outline around my scrolls. 

I used my Cricut a ton for this layout, for the snowflakes, title, and scroll. It is a little hard to see in this photo, but I heat embossed all of the white die cuts with glitter embossing powder to make them a little more snow-like. I was inspired by a couple other challenges as well. First up is the tic-tac-toe challenge from Scrap Our Stash:


I used the diagonal from the top left to bottom right. Finally, there was also the Ribbon, Washi, Paper Strips challenge at Lasting Memories. I used a paper strip, 2 types of washi tape and a premade paper border for the bottom of my layout.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill, Michael's
Patterned Paper- American Crafts, Moxxie, unknown
Transparency- We R Memory Keepers
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridge- Stretch Your Imagination, Holiday Cakes, Botanicals, Doodlecharms
Gesso- Liquitex
Paint- DecoArt, Delta
Stencil- The Crafter's Workshop
Pen- Sharpie
Sequins- October Afternoon, unknown
Tape- My Mind's Eye, Target
Border Strip- Making Memories
Ink- Tsukineko
Embossing Powder- Stampendous

9 comments:

  1. Such a great winter design with lovely details! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Winter Layout! Great job combining all those challenges - that is another challenge in itself!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely winter page and great take on the challenge! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely winter layout :) Fantastic pictures too. Thank you for joining us over at Lasting Memories
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally sweet and fun layout. Love the creativity and stash use. Thank you for challenge entry at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scrolls, great page :) Thanks for Tic Tac Toe-ing with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable layout and pictures! Great take on the challenge, love all the snowflakes! Thanks you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice winter page! Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great page and take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete