Friday, May 20, 2016

New Baby- Stick It Down May Card Sketch

Hello! I have a card to share that I did some time ago, but forgot to post! I used the May Card Sketch from Stick it Down and my card was featured at the beginning of the month with the sketch reveal.


I played a bit on this card, making it a little different shape than I usually do. To make it still fit in a standard envelope, I made sure the final dimensions were still 5 1/5 by 4 1/4. For the base, I made a shaker by cutting a piece of patterned paper and a piece of vellum to the same size. I sewed them together using my sewing machine. I sewed 3 sides, added some glitter and sequins and then sewed the last side. For the main panel, I used a Cricut cut that I popped up on some foam adhesive. I finished the card off with some self adhering pearls.
 I made this card for my newest niece and ended up giving it to here parents at her baptism party. Everyone (especially the adults) loved the shaker feature on this card and it got passed around and shaken. :)

If you would like to see the rest of the team's takes on the sketch, check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment