Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Calendar Page

Hello and Happy May Day! I have my May calendar page ready to share today! I used the April two-page sketch from Stick it Down:


I mixed and matched several different companies and collections for my layout.  I used patterned paper by We R Memory Keepers and American Crafts and die cuts from a very old Crate Paper collection. The large chipboard letters are by Making Memories.  The "m" and "y" were a good color as is, but the "a" did not coordinate with the rest of my layout, so I covered it with some patterned paper so it would match.

I felt like there was a lot of space between my photos on the left hand page, so I added this little block of patterned paper for some interest and to even the spacing. The roses spread around the page were fussy cut from a sheet of patterned paper.  The orange/yellow/pink background on the bottom of my page is a sheet of the Cosmo Cricket Just Add Watercolor paper pad. I sprayed it with some water and coordinating spray inks to match it with the rest of my layout.

I added dots of Platinum Stickles around my page to coordinate with the gold accents on the pattern across the bottom of my page. I also used some more of my Perler bead dots on this page.

I was surprised by how well these die cuts from an old Crate Paper collection matched these papers! The paper from that collection is long gone, so it was great to find another collection that they worked with. I had a little fun stamping and writing some journaling on the speech bubble die cut.
 Speaking of Stick it Down, the May sketches were just posted, you can check them out here.

Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- We R Memory Keepers, American Crafts
Die Cuts- Crate Paper, K and Company
Specialty paper- Cosmo Cricket
Stamps- Hampton Arts, American Crafts
Ink- Tsukineko, EK Success, Heidi Swapp
Pens- Marvy, Sharpie
Font- Splash
Glitter Glue- Ranger
Chipboard- Making Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment